Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Directly responsible for the overall design and illustrative/graphic/visuals. Serves as principle coordinator for graphic publication production while managing to a prescribed budget. Works collaboratively with the department head and contributing authors to realize a final product.
1. Coordinates all administrative aspects of production, including preparing final designs for presentation, checking and approving color, copy, text format separations, and scaling images for print production. Ensures that all parties are informed of and meet deadlines.
2. Prepares layouts, designs, art work and formats for use in publication and /or exhibition design;
3. Layout and scale photos, marking them for proper screen values for print reproduction;
4. Designs, lays out, and produces artwork such as graphs, maps, charts, posters, signs and report covers;
5. Organizes copy flow and maintains database/bibliographic/archival retrieval system of all references used in creation of published materials;
6. May manage budget, including invoicing, tracking project expenditures and assisting in budget development by summarizing, researching and analyzing past project expenditures;
Education: Degree in Fine Arts preferred or an equivalent of education plus experience.
Skills and Experience: Five or more years of graphic arts and publications experience with proven project management skills. Strong working knowledge of printing, publishing and/or graphics art procedures and related computer software.
Strong creative, organizational, problem solving and time-management skills.
Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
Experience with HTML and motion graphics a plus.
Possess strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, layout and typography, a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.