Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Location: Riyadh, KSA
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is primarily responsible for defining and executing the technology and product design road-map of the company. Leading a team of hardware/software engineers he/she will make major technology choices, define design R&D best practices and tools, drive the R&D and product design execution projects in order to ensure the timely launch of innovations contributing to the future growth. As a key member of the leadership team, he/she will contribute at a strategic level to the growth strategy and team development.
Our client is a global leader in grid monitoring solutions that utilize its patented sensors and software to empower grid operators to accurately and safely leverage the real capacity of T&D assets.
An innovative, fast growing tech company at the forefront of the current energy revolution. A company offering smart solutions to the on-going environmental and energy challenges, enabling utilities to “do more with less” Uniquely positioned to capture a large share of the IoT and “smart devices” trends currently revolutionizing the T&D industry.
• Define a technology road-map, by identifying key technology components our client need to master
• Jointly with the CEO and the commercial team, define an R&D road-map ensuring that they remain at the forefront of the industry
• Set-up design best practices and design tools (hardware and software) to ensure fast, flexible and high quality R&D execution
• Makes technology and design choices ensuring best in class products with optimal value and quality delivered to customers
• Drive R&D project management execution to ensure quality and timely delivery of new products
• Be “hands on” and take ownership of specific R&D tasks him/herself in hardware electronics
• Manage IP portfolio by proposing and implementing a patents strategy suiting the business needs
• Regularly monitor the technology ecosystem by staying abreast of technology developments in their ace, including when appropriate by conducting technical duediligence of potential acquisition targets
• Lead the R&D and technology team to ensure that they are always positioned to execute its R&D road-map with the best team on board. Identify skill gaps, put together development plans to address them, and drive external recruitments to bring new competencies when/as required.
• MSc or PhD in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
• 10+ Years experience in electronics product development, including executing multiple products development road maps and ideally managing an IP portfolio
• Proven experience of using state of the art R&D best practices (lean development methods)
• Proven experience of “design to manufacture” practices in electronics products, and to bring new designs all the way to manufacturing, field tests an market launch
• Significant and proven experience of “hands-on” hardware developments of small/medium series B2B electronics products, for industrial applications, including communications (GSM, Lora… IoT protocols), independent power supplies, and low level embedded software.
• Experience in application software (Java, C++, data bases), and embedded software development ideally including experience in industry protocols (Modbus, IEC 104, 61850 etc…)
• Significant experience of leading and developing an R&D team (5-15 people) including multiple technology experts (HW, SW, Physics)
• Ability to work autonomously in a small team environment, willingness and eagerness to join an entrepreneurial start-up
• Entrepreneurial spirit, international exposure is a plus